Comments: 2013 NFL Mock Draft by FFToolbox Writer, Mark Morales-Smith
NFL Draft > 2013 > Mock Drafts > Comments

Comments: 2013 NFL Mock Draft

< Back to Mock Draft

Thanks for the question. My full draft grades will be posted here on fftoolbox.com very soon! Let me know what you think.

Mark Morales-Smith 05/12/14 10:51 AM

Green Bay Packers
21- Ha'sean Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
53- Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
85- Khyri Thorton, DT, Southern Miss
98- Richard Rodgers, TE, California
121- Carl Bradford, LB, Arizona State
161- Corey Linsley, C, Ohio State
176- Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
197- Demetri Goodson, CB, Baylor
236- Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley State

Grade B
I was very happy to see Green Bay resist a pass catcher and get defensive help in the first round. Ha Ha has some off the field questions, but has potential to be a great safety. Adams still has some work to do, but in due time will completely replace Jarrett Boykin. I expect him to be better next year than this year. Richard Rodgers has the talent to step in and become the starting TE this year. Similar player to Jermichael Finley, let’s just hope he can catch the ball. They also added a lot of depth on the defensive side of the ball. I didn’t love that they drafted 3 WR’s. They could have added some O-Line depth or took a flyer on a raw pass rusher.
Fantasy impact
Clinton-Dix is a strong pick in IDP leagues at Safety, expect him to have an immediate impact and add more big plays to the Packers D. Adams is a must draft in dynasty leagues, but I don’t expect too much out of him this year. He does knock Boykins off your draft board. Rodgers is a sneaky pick at TE. If he earns the starting job has the potential to make an impact in a pass happy offense.

Mark Morales-Smith 05/12/14 10:50 AM

Chicago Bears
14- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
51- Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
82- Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
117- Ka’Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
131- Brock Vereen, S, Minnesota
183- David Fales, QB, San Jose State
191- Patt O’Donnell, P, Miami
246- Charles Leno, OT, Boise State
Grade B
Fuller is a top level corner who many had the top rated defensive back in the draft. He should make an immediate impact in the Bears secondary. The Bears desperately need help stopping the run and added two DT’s with their second and third pick. Ka’Deem Carey has the potential to be a very good running back in this league. I know, I know, it’s just a punter, but they added a very good punter at pick 191. Charles Lenois good value at 246.
Fantasy impact
Fuller could have some impact in IDP leagues, Bears always tend to get a lot of turnovers. Ka’deem Carey may be a very good pick in dynasty leagues, and a solid handcuff for Matt Forte. If Forte gets hurt he has potential to be a major factor.

Mark Morales-Smith 05/12/14 10:49 AM

Detroit Lions
10- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
40- Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
76- Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
133- Nevin Lawson, CB, Utah State
136- Larry Webster, DE, Bloomsburg
158- Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton
189- T.J. Jones, WR, Notre Dame
229- Nate Freese, K, Boston College

Grade B+
I love the Ebron pick. That’s exactly who I thought would be the perfect fit in Detroit, and is a great second option to Megatron. Although he can’t block that’s why you re-signed Pettigrew. Great pick! After that they did a good job addressing their needs, but went with a lot of players that need to be developed, and have bust potential. Van Noy could be very good, but disappointed this season at BYU. I do like the Nevin Lawson pick, he could make an impact at the nickel corner position this year. Reid could also develop into a solid DT. I also don’t hate drafting a kicker at pick 229, nothing worse than having a bad kicker.
Fantasy impact
Ebron immediately becomes a top tier TE. There are a lot of targets in Detroit now, but also plenty of throws to go around. Expect big things this season from Ebron. A must draft in all leagues. In IDP leagues that D-Line could free up Van Noy to wreak havoc in the backfield. Not a bad sneaky pick if you’re looking for an IDP sleeper.

Mark Morales-Smith 05/12/14 10:48 AM

Minnesota Vikings
9- Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA
32- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
72- Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
96- Jerrick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
145- David Yankey, G, Stanford
182- Antone Exum, DB, Virginia Tech
184- Kendall James, CB, Maine
220- Shamar Stephen, DT, Connecticut
223- Brandon Watts, LB, Georgia Tech
225- Jabari Price, CB, North Carolina

Grade B+
This was a case of good pick bad pick for the Vikings, but they got a lot of great value. I did not like the Anthony Barr pick at all. I believe it was the worst pick of the top 20. However, to come back and steal the best QB in the draft at 32 was a tremendous pick. Crichton was also solid value at 72. Yankey and Exum were steals where they were picked. I don’t like the Jerrick McKinnon pick, but they got solid depth on the defensive side of the ball late.
Fantasy impact
Teddy Bridgewater will have a major fantasy impact, not only for himself but for his receivers. I expect Cordarrelle Patterson to be a breakout star this year, don’t be afraid to reach for him. Barr could have an IDP impact as could Crichton and Exum on a much lesser level. Mckinon is nothing more than a potential handcuff that may not perform even if Peterson goes down.

Mark Morales-Smith 05/12/14 10:47 AM

Mark could you grade the nfc north for me and a comment about each teams draft !!!

lambeaueast1959 05/11/14 10:57 PM

Nov. 16 Philadelphia Eagles, 1
Win- The Eagles can easily be 11-5 or 5-11 this season. But one thing I do know is their defense isn’t very good and I doubt it will improve enough to slow down Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense. 6-4

Nov. 23 at Minnesota Vikings, 1
Win- Once again the Packers are just a far more talented team and I see no reason to believe the Vikings will win this game. 7-4

Nov. 30 New England Patriots, 4:25
Loss- New England can easily be the best team in the league this year and is my current pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I expect a minimum of 13 wins out of the Pats this year and I don’t think one of those losses comes to an NFC team. 7-5

Dec. 8 Atlanta Falcons (Mon), 8:30
Win- unlike the Seahawks and Saints The Packers drew the Falcons in Green Bay and that will make all the difference. Packers win a high scoring affair. 8-5

Dec. 14 at Buffalo Bills, 1
Win- I don’t expect the bills to be all that great, and much like the Vikings The packers are just the superior team and should walk to an easy win. 9-5

Dec. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1
Win- I expect the Tampa D to actually be very strong and they showed at the end of 2013 they’re better than their record showed through mid-November last season. However I don’t expect their offense to be able to compete with the top teams or get them out of the NFC South basement. 10-5

Dec. 28 Detroit Lions, 1
Win- This one may be the difference in winning the division and missing the playoffs. As usual I expect Detroit to struggle after Thanksgiving and the Pack to pull off the win and take the NFC North crown. 11-5

Packers finish 11-5 and win the NFC North as the 3 seed in the NFC

Mark Morales-Smith 04/24/14 03:58 PM

It is of course very early to do predictions for next season and I can’t predict injuries. Still, I’ll do my best. Hope you enjoy!

Sept. 4 at Seattle Seahawks (Thu), 8:30
Loss- I wouldn’t be surprised if the Seahawks go 8-0 at home. I still expect them to be the best team in the league and the favorite in just about every game they play. 0-1

Sept. 14 New York Jets, 4:25
Win- The jets just can’t put up enough points to win and without their great corners of the past they probably don’t have enough D to stop Rodgers either. 1-1

Sept. 21 at Detroit Lions, 1
Loss- The Lions tend to start off the season hot. They have a nasty front line on D and Megatron can expose any secondary. Lions take this one at home. 1-2

Sept. 28 at Chicago Bears, 1
Win- Pack take this one. They get lucky this year going into the Windy City before it gets to windy. And the pack just seem to have their number. 2-2

Oct. 2 Minnesota Vikings (Thu), 8:25
Win- I don’t expect the Vikings to be very good, I don’t even know who their QB is yet. Packers are just flat out better. 3-2

Oct. 12 at Miami Dolphins, 1
Win- It pains me to say but I’m not so sure the Phins secondary can slow down Rodgers. Unless Dion Jordan steps it up and they really get at the QB the Pack will take it. 4-2

Oct. 19 Carolina Panthers, 1
Loss- I expect the Panthers to only get better. Green bay struggles against QB’s that run and I only expect their D to get better. The Panther can be an elite team this year especially if they get a big time WR in the draft. 4-3

Oct. 26 at New Orleans Saints, 8:30
Loss- Much like the Seahawk game, unfortunately they drew the saints in New Orleans and you’re just not winning in New Orleans especially in Prime Time game. 4-4

Nov. 2 BYE

Nov. 9 Chicago Bears, 8:30
Win- This is where the pack starts to rev it up. Coming off a bye and a loss, back on Prime Time I think they throttle the bears at home. 5-4

Mark Morales-Smith 04/24/14 03:57 PM

mark give me you break down on the packers schedule every team and the out come of there matchups !!!

lambeaueast1959 04/24/14 12:27 PM

Yea, I actually noticed that the day after this was posted. I had been working off my original Mock that I made before the coin toss. I forgot to switch it in my editing. That was my mistake, I have a new Mock coming out Thursday and it will be fixed. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate the readers looking out. Sorry for the error.

Mark Morales-Smith 04/22/14 04:49 PM

You must login in order to comment:

If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free

Warning: You don't have cookies enabled in your internet broswer. Without cookies, you will not be able to login. Some web browsers allow cookies to be managed on a per-site basis.